Democracy North Carolina is a statewide organization with staff in Durham, Rocky Mount, Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Fayetteville. We recruit volunteers year-round for different kinds of work. Read below to learn more.
Volunteer at our Durham, NC office
If you are interested in volunteering at our main office, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Jake Gellar-Goad, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Entering data and sign in sheets from our meetings around the state
- Making event turn out, get out the vote, and issue advocacy calls
- Putting together packets and materials for trainings and events around the state
Volunteer as part of a coalition
If you are interested in taking action as part of a group or coalition, you can contact a Democracy NC field organizer near you. This includes opportunities such as voter registration, education, and mobilization efforts, attending monthly coalition meetings, material distribution, canvassing and phone banking:
- For the Piedmont and Western NC region (includes Charlotte, Asheville, Boone), contact Robert Dawkins
- For the Central NC region (includes Winston-Salem, Greensboro), contact Linda Sutton
- For the Southeast NC region (includes Fayetteville, Lumberton, Wilmington), contact Nancy Shakir
- For the Eastern NC region (includes Rocky Mount, New Bern, Greenville), contact Shoneca Kent
You can also contribute by making a tax-deductible donation! Visit the donate page to learn more.